Audit Manager, Financial Services sector
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We are currently looking to consolidate our leading position within the Banking marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic qualified Accountants at Manager level within our Banking Audit department in Kazakhstan.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development opportunities within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside Directors and Partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier banking clients.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Banking clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an on-going basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising, mentoring and coaching junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential
- Managing a portfolio of audit clients by delivering high quality audit and assurance services, reporting directly to audit Partners and Directors
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs and managing audit finances
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects and tenders across the audit function, outside of Banking work.
- Be part of the Banking department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants
- Undertake wider office activities, as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess undergraduate or master's degree and membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting association (ACCA or CPA);
- Kazakhstani auditor’s license is preferable;
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- IT literacy with good knowledge of Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS. Experience with US GAAP is preferable though not essential
- Not less than 5 years of experience in FS
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, ideally in the Banking sector
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry