Kotlin is becoming increasingly popular, and we are striving to provide the community with the smartest tools for Kotlin development.
One of our tasks is to keep improving Kotlin coverage tools, as well as visual components and APIs to integrate it into IntelliJ IDEA.
As part of our team, you will:
- Work on support for code coverage tool for Kotlin, from bytecode integration to user interaction, in a collaboration with Kotlin compiler and core libraries teams.
- Develop IntelliJ IDEA as a product, and discuss and help decide what new functionality it will add.
- Implement support for various profiling and debugging tools, from low-level integration at the JDK level to user interaction through Swing UI.
We will be happy to have you join our team if you:
- Have 3+ years of commercial development experience in Java or Kotlin.
- Understand the intricacies of multi-threaded programming.
- Know the architecture of modern computers and operating systems.
- Understand the principles of OOP and know how to develop modular and scalable APIs.
- Can test any code with automated tests.
- Can work both in a team and independently.
- Have a good command of spoken and technical written English.
We’ll be especially thrilled if you:
- Understand how virtual machines work (JVM, CLR, Python, etc.).
- Are fluent with Java bytecode and are not afraid to dig into the depths of JLS.
- Have previously developed tools for code diagnostics, analysis, and debugging.
- Are knowledgeable about profilers.
- Understand what prevents developers from writing efficient code and know how to help them.
- Spacious comfortable office (open 24/7) with a private parking lot.
- Competitive salary: determined individually, but above industry average.
- Bonuses based on your performance.
- Voluntary health insurance for employees, their spouse, and their children under age 18 (including dental insurance).
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Full salary during sick leave.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hot meals, free drinks, fruits, and snacks.
- Office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Office gym (with washrooms), massage room, and a recreational zone.
- Training, including English and German language classes.
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences in Europe and the US.
- Job relocation help.